In my 30 something years on this earth, one thing I definitely have are lessons learned and I know what I like and I have learned what I do not like. The best thing about life is that that list will always change and evolve as we grow as individuals. I will try to integrate the things I like from the things I learned and the things I wish for from these lessons. So here we go!
- I love to communicate. In some form or another. I feel that expressing oneself is essential in allowing others to understand and get a glimpse of your authentic self. What I’ve learned is that when I am not allowed the freedom to communicate my wants and needs without the feeling of being judged or bothersome to others, I cannot thrive as a woman. What I wish is that I use my judgment effectively in the future to chose the right people be around that will embrace me and all of my idiosyncrasies.
- I love love love music. I love melodies, I love lyrics. Again, another form of expression, huh? Ok. What I’ve learned is that music heals. Music soothes. Music can get you out of a bad mood and bring peace in ones life. What I wish is that these artists get their shit together and make better good music. I’m still in the 90’s…
(Not as easy as I thought…talk about frozen brain … )
Other things that I like on a less serious note are:
- Scandal! Anything Shonda Rhimes.
- My cell phone..kinda addicted
- Poetry readings
- What I do for a living…the healthcare business!
- Alone time!
What I’ve learned as major life lessons:
- Stay true to yourself no matter what the circumstance
- Family over everything… so instead of “bae” would that be “foe”? Ok I digress.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say.
- Pause! My biggest lesson is to learn to pause when I want to react. It’s still a work in progress but I am much better at this that before.
- You and your children are different people. Hard lesson for me. My son came from me, but man is he a different person than I am. What came easy for me doesn’t come easy for him therefore I need to be more understanding.
What I wish for:
- Lots and lots of money. Financial freedom
- A good faithful and loving man and best friend
- My son’s success in life
- My writing and blogging success to take off! (more so what I am working hard for)
- Did I say more money?
Of all these things, my relationship with God and my spiritual journey, my family and friends are what I truly love, have taught me many of lessons and more of each is what I wish more.
One thought on “Things I know for sure”
Thoughtful and powerful! Wonderful!
LikeLiked by 1 person