Oh these dating woes…
I can’t figure it out if it’s just me or if it’s these men I am chatting it up with. I have yet to met anyone in my new town because I think everyone is crazy. I mean some guys love to hit me with the “wyd” after a couple of messages. I am instantly annoyed. To me that symbolizes someone after a hook up. But I try not to be too presumptuous so I play along, only to block them 20 minutes later because they want pictures and tell me how cute I am but don’t truly try to get know me. Is that so much to ask? Apparently so..
I decided to compile yet another list but this time of online dating turnoffs for most educated women.
- Shorthand is so lazy. WYD, IJS, ‘U” is an instant turn off.
- If he works from home…he may not understand a standard workday…Those “wyd” texts come far too frequently. “Working man!” *eye rolls*
- He wants pictures before he asks you for your name
- Never asks to meet up but only at night… nah son. I need to see your face in the daylight.
- He always TEXTS but never calls…. suspect
- He acts like he is the prize and not you… no boo. I am the prize.
- Honestly, trust your GUT. You know deep down if you should take it to the next level and meet offline.
- If he is trying to “wife” you without meeting you and making plans for your life and you don’t even know his last name. No No No. I am running for the hills. I don’t want to meet you now and you have found a place on my blocked list.
- The forever pen pals. I will leave that there.
- He speaks of marriage within the first week of chatting. RED FLAG. RUN!
I think at times I have way too many expectations for some of these guys and other times simply don’t want to be bothered. I am so good in my place of peace that it will take someone really great and worthwhile to get me out. I have had luck in the past with online dating. So I won’t knock it too hard, but I tell you what, it makes it much easier when you know what you want. You won’t waste your time or theirs.
What are some of your woes? I know men have them too! I hear about it all the time! Share!